Erna van Vuuren
TRIA Real Estate
Why did you decide to pursue a career in property?
A career in property gave me the opportunity to determine my own goals and my own success. I prefer to be my own boss and to work independently. I like to set my own work schedules, develop my own marketing methods and to maintain my own client base.
What do you find to be the most enjoyable and the most challenging aspects of the job?
The most enjoyable aspect is the fact that there are no limits for growth. If you couple good business skills with a good attitude and superior work ethic, you can realise fantastic rewards. The most challenging aspect is to develop an effective marketing strategy and to manage my time effectively.
What characteristics, in your opinion, make for a great estate agent/broker and why?
- Honesty – requires that you are upfront and transparent in all that you do.
- Passion – it draws people to you as they sense the excitement in you.
- Risk-taking – step out in faith and embrace risk, better yet, calculated risk.
- Tenacity – be bold, brash and thick-skinned. Pack it up and move on!
- Compassion – be creative, inspirational, sensitive, endearing and responsive. Clients want to know that they are important to you.
What are some of your career goals?
To keep my high level of service consistent and to maintain the excellent relationships I have with my clients. I would like to continuously improve my personal best.