Rebosa launches FFC query platform

Rebosa launches FFC query platform

MAIN IMAGE: Adrianne du Toit from Rebosa.

At the beginning of 2019 thousands of estate agents couldn’t claim commission because the Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) had failed to issue their mandatory Fidelity Fund Certificates (FFC) timeously. To help avoid a repeat, industry body Rebosa launched an online FFC query platform. Rebosa’s Adrianne du Toit explains how it works.

The deadline for Fidelity Fund Certificate (“FFC”) renewals was 30 October 2019. The EAAB has a legal obligation to ensure that all estate agents and estate agency firms who applied and paid for their FFC renewals before the cut-off date, are issued with their new certificates.  Failure to issue these certificates timeously, renders these agents illegal and therefore deprived of a livelihood.  Agents are not entitled to commission without a valid FFC.

For several years now, the EAAB has failed in its obligation to issue FFCs on time and indications are that this year is no different.

Related reading: FFC backlog cleared says new EAAB CEO

The EAAB has acknowledged the backlog on their website homepage www.eaab.org.za but according to agents, emails addressed to ffc.complaints@eaab.org.za have largely been ignored.

The notice on the EAAB website that informs agents where they can email FFC queries.

How the FFC platform works

In response to agents’ frustration and in an effort to assist both the industry and the EAAB to clear this critical backlog, Rebosa have launched an online FFC query platform which can be accessed using the following link https://www.rebosa.co.za/2020-ffcs-online-query/

We will endeavour to bring each query to the relevant EAAB department for urgent resolve.

We were faced with the same problem in 2017, when hundreds of agents were denied valid FFCs, through no fault of theirs.  We were forced to threaten legal action to protect our members and the industry.  Eventually staff leave was cancelled and by 24th December, the majority of the backlog had been cleared.  We are hoping to prevent a repeat of these extreme measures this year but will not hesitate to act if needs be.

What is more critical is that when a firm is not issued an FFC – every agent in that firm is also deprived of an FCC, which exacerbates the situation.

All agents and estate agency firms who are not in receipt of their 2020 FFC, are therefore invited to log their query on the Rebosa website in order for us to resolve this situation – and to ensure our industry is compliant and our livelihoods protected.

We are hopeful that the current backlog will be cleared timeously but need your feedback in order to take action in time, if required.

• H Havenga

I am waiting now for one year for the EAAB to issue a FFC for a new company . answers to daily queries is all the same. it is approved and escalated to issue- for 12 months???

• Anushka Hannemann Jansen

Thank you for this, I tried to submit my online query but the system wont accept my EAAB reference number as it is less than 1000000 (it is 7 numbers but starts with a 0). Please can you advise on what to do? Thanks

• Maryka

I found the EAAB fb page to be of great assistance. I posted there my difficulty to obtain my FFC and within 1 week I had my FFC. It was excellent service 👍

• Karin

I paid on time and have 3 ref nos from queries by phoning and online queries. Last week when I called I was told that I only need it from 1 Jan and I must not continue to follow up until the New Year and they were t giving me a ref no as I already have a few

• Lesetja MASEKWAMENG

I am waiting for EAAB to issue FFC for new company and status upgrade. Have submitted all required documentation on 13 September 2019. On enquiring, I am always told that it has been escalated.

• Mavis

I wanted to renew my FFC for 2020 but was told my CPD for 2015, 2016 and 2017 were not done. Yet i did all these. Could you kindly be of assistance to me. My ref is 0817209

• Helene Meissenheimer

Dear Mavis, please contact Rebosa directly about this. You can email them on info@rebosa.co.za. All the best, Ed

• Saajida

I am waiting from June. I paid my penalty and renewed, till now no feedback from them

• Lotti Harold Mahlalela

I also could not get assistance from EAAB for the past few years I have wrote letters but could not get help .I want to renew my FFC for 2020

• Jutta korfer

Rebosa helped me in the middle of this year to get my FFC for 2019 Now I am waiting for the one for 2020. Fees were paid in September for 2020, the waiting is on! Thank you Rebosa!

• Janet Alexander

Excellent innovation, thank you REBOSA, PropAcademy

• Alun Solomon

Thank you Rebosa. Although i have been “disqualified” as an agent ( lack of points ) i think you guys should take over as regulators of this vibrant industry.

• Bronwen Cuthbert

Have been waiting since 11 July. Three reference numbers later, no response. Recently tried emailing as per EAAB website ffc.complaints@eaab.org.za – these mails are now bouncing! – Tried on 2 occasions. Hopefully REBOSA can assst.