Listing an address: Yes or No?
“Is it a good idea to include the address of a property online? Private Property provides the answers.”
What does the data say?
An address adds 20% to the property’s listing score. Listings with higher scores receive about four times more views. Publishing an address will therefore improve the seller’s chances due to increased exposure. Location, after all, is the most important factor when it comes to property.
Is it safe?
Precautions can be taken to minimise risks, such as these:
• Advise sellers against direct buyers, since they would not have been vetted by the agency first.
• Don’t show security features in photos.
How should agents build trust?
If a seller has given you the mandate to sell their home, chances are they are not comfortable selling their property by themselves. The process tends to be complicated and they will be counting on your expertise. Sellers will also be wary of opening up their home to someone who arrives unannounced at their door for a viewing.
Build a good relationship by:
• Explaining the benefits of adding the address to the seller.
• Making them aware of the potential risks and how to avoid them.
• Offering exceptional service so that they are not tempted to give the mandate to a competitor.
What are the advantages?
- A higher listing score, which translates to more visibility.
- Fewer queries from potential buyers wanting clarity on the exact location of the property.
- A better experience for the buyer.